Executive Director, MNFilmTV Job Posting
About the Organization:
Minnesota Film and TV is a non-profit state film commission. Its operations are funded by a combination of state and private funds and overseen by MNFilmTV’s Board of Directors and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). MN Film and TV
The Minnesota Film and TV Executive Director promotes the organization’s mission and incentive program and acts as official spokesperson for Minnesota Film and Television. S/he develops and maintains productive relationships with studio and independent film producers, commercial producers, production companies, TV networks, streaming services, documentary and other media makers, encouraging them to produce their projects in Minnesota. S/he also develops and maintains productive relationships with state legislators and other government officials; members of the press, other media arts organizations, financial contributors, potential contributors and other influencers, stakeholders and opinion leaders who impact the organization’s success.
Eligible candidates should have significant professional experience in the film and television industry and knowledge of and experience in non-profit organizational management, including fundraising and legislative advocacy. The ideal candidate would also have experience in marketing, media and public relations and a track record of successfully leading an organization focused on delivering world-class customer service. This position reports to the MNFilmTV Board of Directors and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED). Minnesota Film and TV is an equal opportunity employer.
- Promote and represent the organization and its mission, nurturing participation in Minnesota’s production incentive program, also known as, Snowbate.
- Develop and maintain relationships and communications with a variety of constituents and constituencies; such as the media production industry, Minnesota Legislature, the funding community and individual funding organizations, press and media.
- Secure significant private contributions and foundation support. Develop and maintain donor relationships.
- Lead legislative advocacy efforts and meet state reporting requirements.
- Provide strategic direction for the organization, manage staff and direct the management of volunteers, lead and support staff in the staff’s efforts in problem solving and providing superior client service to companies producing work in Minnesota.
- Manage the organization’s annual operations budget and maintain communications with the board of directors regarding financial and budget matters.
- Oversee administration of Snowbate and implement other programs to support the organization’s mission.
- Work with the board of directors to effectively execute the annual work plan and strategic vision.
- Designing, planning and implementation of fundraising campaigns, solicitation and stewardship.
- Demonstrates strategic, organizational management and communication skills.
- Significant professional experience in the film and television industry
- Solid, hands-on, budgeting, project and resource management skills.
- Experience working with boards of directors.
- Human resources management including hiring/termination, staff development, performance evaluation and benefits administration.
- Management of independent contractors hired for specific scopes of work and directing volunteers.
- Marketing, promotion and event planning.
- 4-year college degree
- 5+ years’ fundraising experience with achieved goals.
- 5+ years’ staff leadership and organizational management.
- 3 years’ experience in marketing, event management, public relations.
- 3+ years’ production experience in the film, television, media industry
- Knowledge of legislative advocacy.
- Ability to convey a vision of the organization’s mission and strategic plan.
- Prior positions of responsibility that required public facing duties.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and public speaking skills.
- Management of a schedule that often requires evening and weekend commitments.
- Ability to travel 20% of the time.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Ability to create and maintain partnerships with a wide variety of people and organizations.
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Location: Minneapolis, MN
- Category: Executive Director
- Job Type: Full time/Exempt
- Closing Date: 1/27/17
- Salary: Dependent on qualifications and experience
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter and resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Executive Director Position” in the subject line of your email.